- Our candles are made of top quality, food-grade NATURAL PARAFFIN WAX infused with NATURAL CITRONELLA OIL - NO OTHER INGREDIENTS. NO CHEMICALS - DEET-free! They are CLEAN BURNING, POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE; the flame is VERY STABLE because of the very thick, wind-resistant (and lead-free) wick.
- Tin tub with an intricate cover design - to REFLECT LIGHT in addition to PREVENTING SPILLS and BURNS. Can diameter is four inches. Unlike candles with multiple thin wicks, these candles STAY LIT and ACTUALLY REPEL INSECTS - since they have the ability to quickly disperse citronella oil. Many products boast prolonged burning time, but that time is useless if citronella cannot be dispersed quickly enough to repel bugs.
- Great for use on a patio, terrace, yard, by the pool or a hot tub. KEEPS AWAY MOSQUITOES and OTHER INSECTS. Natural and warm light creates a mellow ambiance for picnics, outdoor events, and wedding receptions (the label is removable). Candles stay lit reliably in rain and wind. They can be lined up in series to create dramatic effects. Perfect gift for anyone into camping, fishing, and all other outdoor activities incluing backyard barbecues.
- Made by Candle Atelier. All our candles are always hand poured and contain no harmful chemicals, sythetic insecticides or pesticides. Made in Europe.
- Set of three candles. Over 1 lb. of wax total.
Size: Outdoor candle 4"x2" tin can - Lightly Scented (Citronella)
About this Candle:
Take back control of your patio from mosquitoes with the help of Candle Atelier mosquito repellent candles. These candles are made with real citronella oil and will repel annoying mosquitoes and other flying insects. They feature an extremely thick wick that not only helps to disperse the citronella quickly while increasing the amount of light output, but also makes the flame steady and stable, even in light rain and moderate wind. A task that multiple-thin-wick candles simply cannot do. The candle has a wide base that prevents tipping, the plated tin prevent rust stains, as well as a decorative cover that prevents spills and burns while also serving as a light reflector. These candles will make your next camping trip or barbecue much more enjoyable.
How Do Citronella Candles Work?
Citronella oil is one of the essential oils obtained from leaves and stems of lemongrass, a family of grasses. The oil we use is natural, unlike the cheap synthetic surrogates used in some other candles. It has citrusy fragrance that masks other odors, effectively confusing odor-tracking insects. Citronella is used in wax candles to clear the air of pesky biting bugs when people want to enjoy some time outdoors. It will ward off pests, not kill them.
Citronella oil is registered by the FDA as a non-toxic insect repellent since 1948 and is an obvious choice for those in search of natural options to repel insects. Citronella oil wards off multiple pests - including the female mosquito responsible for all those itchy bumps you acquired at your last backyard barbecue. When the oil is infused in a wax candle, the scent is released over time in a cloud that mosquitoes will avoid.
You may use multiple Candle Atelier Citronella Candles to maximize the protection and create a perimeter barrier. When it gets dark outside, lined up candles provide not only protection, but also dramatic lighting effects for your outdoor event.